1/11/14

Happy Valentines Day...

Hey there crafty peeps!  I hope you are all having a great Saturday so far!  I am getting ready to tackle a pottery wheel with Rylee.  We will see if I can make something out of a lump of clay.  I thought I would stop in right quick and post my card for this week's Retro Sketch....

IMG_0995

I kept it pretty simple...what' new right?....and used an adorable new set from Simon Says Valentines release, called Valentines Spoons.  I stamped the heart first and then the sentiment on top.  Then I stamped the heart on another piece of paper, along with the sentiment and then die cut a heart right in the middle.  I took that heart and popped it up on foam tape.  I scored 2 lines at the top of the white paper and then added it to the blue card base with more foam tape.  

IMG_0997

Here is this week's sketch....you can tell I stretched it out long ways... :)


Stop over to the Retro Sketches blog and see what the dt girls have created using this sketch.  You can see the original card by Kasia by clicking HERE.  

Thanks for stopping in today!  


10 comments:

  1. This is so fun Laurie! I love that heart design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Laurie! Good luck with the pottery wheel - that's something I'd like to try, too - so far I only made stuff from slabs…
    Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the colors and your heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your stamping technique with this heart, Laurie! It's so pretty, and well...'perfectly perfect'!!! Love the color combo of melon and aqua, too...so soft and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another of your fabulous CAS cards Laurie!! Love the layered heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card - awesome CAS! I am in awe of the double stamping of the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS