5/23/10

Up, up and some random ideas!

Like Jen, I got my stuff today too! (Today is really yesterday since this will post on Sunday!)  So I couldn't wait to jump in either!  Here is my first card with my new favorite set...Up, up and Away!  Super fun and simple!


Before I started this card I realized I didn't want textured clouds.  So I simply turned the stamp over and stuck the textured image down to get the "wrong" side of the stamp UP.  Inked it up with some Fresh Snow and got some super fluffy, white, non-textured clouds!  :) 


So after doing this, I remembered reading on the PTI forum where someone didn't want to actually have to color the balloons.  So again, I stamped a solid image with the "wrong" side of the stamp and then stamped the outline image on top.  Then I just cut around the balloon getting rid of the excess!  (I will share that card with you on another day!)  I am sure someone has done this before but I thought it would work well with the balloons in particular!

This picture shows just my first attempts at what it would actually do.  Yes, my 5 year old inked it up!  Not me...I am NOT that messy!  {crickets chirping.....}  OK so anyway, I also tried the "kissing" technique with several background stamps and some turned out kinda fun!  I know it would be just as simple to stamp on colored paper with the outline but you could do lots of fun things with the actually stamp and different colors or inks and techniques!  Again, this picture just shows some playing around, not anything finished!


So anyway, just wanted to share some thoughts!  Hope this helps someone out there....{more crickets chirping....} LOL!

Have a great day!

22 comments:

  1. Wow Laurie what great tips for using this
    set!!! I hadn't read this anywhere before but will have to try it!! Love ur color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tips gf... love them.. I didn't order that set this time around.. but I do have a PTI box just waiting for me to open it.. gonna do that today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is adorable Laurie, and thanks so much for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see right now that you people are going to force me to buy this set! Ugh!! I love the card and the colors are so fresh and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, Laurie! LOVE the ruffle... and thanks for the tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so smart! What a great idea.

    I love your card too, everything about it, the ruffled ribbon, the colors, the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 sets for the price of one ........ LOVE IT!!! great tips and super fun and cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea. You are a smarty pants! :) Thanks for sharing!!

    Ps - love your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card looks even cuter close up! Thanks for the tips, will have to try that sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a smart idea!! the cloud looks really plain and pretty!! the card is clean and stunnin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome tip! Love the ruffle!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful ideas Laurie! I've done this with PTI circles and flowers, but I hadn't thought to try it with the balloons and clouds. The kissing technique is a great idea too. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card! Just rec'd my set and will have to try out your tip.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool ideas!!!! Thanks for sharing your tips.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous, Laurie! What a great idea. I'm still waiting on my Up, Up and Away, but I'll definitely have to check out the 'backside' of the stamp to see if I can get a good balloon shape ('cause sometimes they aren't perfect on the bottom, if you know what I mean!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great ideas! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a fabulous idea! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a brillant idea for the cloud stamp! Cute card too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, cute, Laurie! Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cool tips Laurie...I haven't flipped my stamps in quite a while, but I used to do it a lot with one particular PTI set...can't remember which one now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love, love, LOVE your clouds: what a terrific and unique idea! And I never even thought about using the kissing technique for those balloons... Can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS